View Thread
Point Defense Systems » Support for our Releases » Miscellaneous Support
 Print Thread
Missing Backgrounds (All)
Viper114
With either V11 B2 or 7.3.2, I've noticed that in Player vs CPU matches, the background of whatever map I play is completely black. Nothing is there, not even dots representing stars. Is there something wrong, or is it normal?
Madness surrounds me like a storm, but I am its calm eye...

Viper114
UPDATE: OK, so not all of the maps I play are missing their backgrounds. It seems to be only the custom ones in comparison to the official HW2 ones. Is this normal, or are there supposed to be backgrounds?

Sun Tzu
What are the maps where you can't see any background?

Viper114
Maps that have this problem include Hiigaran Resource Op #302 and Bharat Nebula lite. The map itself is there and so are all the objects, but the backgrounds are solid black. I would mind black if there were some markings to represent stars and the like, but solid black is kinda...unfitting for space.

Ironwatsas
That's normal for those two maps in question, as well as Bahrat Nebula 4p. They all have that black as their default background. Though I will agree that it's a little bland, I've grown accustomed to those maps being that way.

Viper114
Ah, I see...I figured it was a image loading failure or something like that...

It's just doesn't look so good when it's solid black like that, I wish at least some white dots can be put around to represent distant stars or something like that. It doesn't have to be as grand as the official map backgrounds.

Something to look into possibly doing for a future version?

SRI-Sajuuk
i have you covered. Im working on new backgrounds for the next beta launch.
Containment protocols enabled...

Jump to Forum