View Thread
Point Defense Systems » Administrative Information » Site & Forum Issues
 Print Thread
More Smileys! HA HA HA
Homdax
As per requested I have looked in some way to "hack" in more Smileys to this CMS (Content Management System). Alas, there is no way but for altering the code pretty much in some crucial files.

Next is to look if someone has done this, via "Infusion" system. Addons.
Fortunatley so it is. At http://phpfusion-mods.com/news.php I found an Infusion that will not only bring more Smileys, but also allow us to add any Smiley from within the Administration Interface.

Some coding is required, but only minimal, comment out a few lines and add one line to one file.

Currently I have it implemented at www.hwaccess.net and made my Shoutbox Public for Smiley visibility. If You want to check it out better, I am afraid You will have to register.

Will do some trials this evening or tomorrow morning (GMT) and if successful, implement here.

THERE WILL BE ERRORS VISIBLE WHILE IMPLEMENTING.
QUESTION: Should I shut this site for Maintenence while doing it?
Estimated time: 5-10 minutes.

EoR. Feedback expected.

Coolhand77
My two cents. Do what needs doing. If its down for a short time to get better functionality, then its worth the down time. Love the site by the way, keep up the good work.Smile
Wash - "This is going to get pretty interesting"
Mal - "Define Interesting"
Wash - "Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die?"

Still flying!

Drachen
As Coolhand said, the ends justifies the means Smile
Keep up the awesome work, HomeBoy! We love you Grin

Jas86
It's your choice, Homie. I don't personally care much.

We shall bow before your might and hail thee as our lord.
"Man, have pity on man."

Nemmerle
Better to take it down and stick a message up in place of the site about it than have twits complain of the errors.

Homdax
Thank You guys...it really warms...Smile

A problem.
I will with this add a bunch of Smileys, BUT, in order to be customizing stuff the Administrative Interface provided is pretty worthless, since it only allows for new Smileys after creating a new category. I can not add Smileys to the existing bunch and have them available without a new category which basically sux. I will show You why tomorrow, given time.

BUT, I can add eventual more Smileys manually by editing code of a file that is external to the core CMS files..no big deal. Just dont handover 200 in a bunch or so, please. Pfft
Edited by Homdax on 05-10-2005 18:09

MarieHawke
XD. I have some of my own smileys. Do what must be done, but what do you mean? After you load up one group, you can't edit that group? That's just... wrong. Ah well - we can delete the old category and recreate a new one with everything, right? It's a bit tedious, but it works.
A starlight sharpshot magical girl!

Homdax
No, because the default bunch comes uncategorized...yes, dont ask. I know. Shock

But zip your ones up an mail them to me (e-mail), I will be adding to my site, and when it is done and ready I just copy it all over here.

TelQuessir
Pile on the smilies, that's an order Smile

Homdax
Aye, Sir. As soon as I get Daniels and have them tested as mentioned above....Smile

www.homeworldaccess.net/infusions/smiley_infusion/images/smiley/yellowsmash.gif
Edited by Homdax on 17-10-2019 19:36

Homdax
Smile Wink Frown SadShock PfftCoolGrinAngry:upsetw::rol::uhoh::no::yes::sleep: :sleepw::lol::mad:Grinead::cry::nekoharo:Harobeam
Hamharo:hamharo:HaroEvilCensoredBanghead:smash:
:wink::sighw::sigh::shy::rolleyes::embarrassed::confused:
:bigrazz::bigeek::lunagun::lunachan:HahaIWS:thumbs::whip:
BumpHowdy:werd:Shockfftopic:Hug:muffy::thumb:Hides:yell:
Insane:stfu:Idea:beer::rofl: Shockverlord: :spam::thumbdown:Fencing
:wow::evil:
Edited by Homdax on 06-10-2005 10:42

Homdax
Shockverlord:

Homdax
Shockfftopic:

Homdax
:master:

Homdax
:topic:

Homdax
Ok some minor adjustments. : overlord : couold not work, changed to : master :
:master:

: offtopic : similar problem, changed to : topic :
:topic:

Homdax
Grinead:

Homdax
Need to add "title" and "alt" tags to it, but will experiment elsewhere.

I consider this finished, unless some error is reported.

ONE THING: Be on alert for slightly longer load times on the site and report any issues.

Thank You

zenprime
:lunachan::lunagun: I'm going to after DanielHawking's head for having these....
img138.imageshack.us/img138/8373/emppinkvagyrxc9.jpg
img98.imageshack.us/img98/3741/cultoflacusnr1.jpg
Bring it on. I've mastered multiple forms of Pink!

[small]Zenprime is dead. Well no

Homdax
Hides

Jump to Forum