View Thread
Point Defense Systems » Point Defense Systems Remastered Project » Point Defense Systems 2 R&D Lab
 Print Thread
Autodock script for HWRM
Sun Tzu
This is a basic autodock script for HW2RM: fighters and corvette with damage >0.5 dock with the closest carrier.

If you could help testing it and report any bug/issues, that would be great. Suggestions are welcome.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k489qng4l7h26ye/autodock+test.rar

Since this is not specific to PDS I'm posting this in GBX forums too.

Krnt
Oh SunTzu,
Glad to see you around Homeworld related stuff, tested it in the Homeworld Remastered and the current PDS Remastered and works perfectly (just needs to put the correct ships in the table).

To implement its use would be better to separate and place it elsewhere in the script folder as the version from PulsarMagic, but I'm liking a lot the simplicity of the code.

Typhoone
This has been re-integrated into main line and substantially expanded upon. See the changelist log for 'auto-dock' in the GitHub repo, the summary of changes are:

-- Moved the AutoDock() routine to the libpds.lua script library for all game modes.
-- Moved SobGroup() creation for AutoDock ships to the libsobpds.lua for PDS specific SobGroup functions (for all game modes)
-- Split the autodock ships and autodock carriers list into race-specific arrays, and using the new GBX-approved race-folders to define each race's ships for carriers and strikecraft that can auto-dock
-- Added a game setting for varying the threshold at which strikecraft can auto-dock (or disable it entirely)

Eventual goals are to port this over to the "Ship Duel" mode (should be easy now, thanks Krnt for baseline-ing that in the new PDS repo!) and make the auto-dock threshold variable within game by choosing different strikecraft doctrines.

Typh.

Ironwatsas
I think I found a bug.

I was playing a skirmish, with my autodock set to 50% damage, and with a starmada starting fleet. I built a force of fighters and bombers from the starting carrier. Then I built a second carrier which eventually hyperspaced them to the enemy. However, when the bombers and corvettes I had built were damaged, they started heading back to the first carrier/shipyard.

mrWHO
Hey Iron - do you know how should I integrate the files from repository to my HW:R folder and what command line use to run it?

Can I make a new folder in HW:R steam workshop folder? should I use -mod r -overridebigfile?

Typhoone

Ironwatsas wrote:
I was playing a skirmish, with my autodock set to 50% damage, and with a starmada starting fleet. I built a force of fighters and bombers from the starting carrier. Then I built a second carrier which eventually hyperspaced them to the enemy. However, when the bombers and corvettes I had built were damaged, they started heading back to the first carrier/shipyard.

Cool - OK I think the script needs to be improved to take distance into account, I will flag this and take a look at trying to address this issue.

Typh.

Jump to Forum