View Thread
Point Defense Systems » Point Defense Systems Remastered Project » Point Defense Systems 2 R&D Lab
 Print Thread
Artbook!!!
carl
My CE has arrived so time to discuss the artbook. No pictures i'm afraid, don't have a scanner or a camera for the job.

Probably the most interesting this is some more detail on the HW1 T-Mat megaship. The spindles aren't part of the main ship at all. They're externally docked frigates, carrier mass each.

there's also a picture of an unknown MS that resembles an upgraded Khunn Lann design, drawn date unknown.

There's a nice to scale, (there's a vaygr frig in the background, put there for that purpose according to text line) artwork of a higgy cluster torp too.

There's some really high detail artworks of the tadnanni destroyers and 2 of their frigates, (Defense and Ion), plus something i recognize but can't name.

There's some early concept art shots of the higgy scout, gunship corvette, and what looks like the flak frigate, plus a design i can't identify.

There's also a tractor trailer combo in there.

There's some trly beutiful multi-gun corvette artwork alongside a ticker vershion of the tadanni mothership.

Also a shot of a Vaygr military base with DD for scale. Also an unknown frigate in the foreground, armaments unclear.

Another page has a bunch of unidentified sketches of ships, i presume frig class, very bare bones.

ALso remember that higgy BC being assembled in a HW2 cuscene, that in full colour alongside a shot of the Tadanni MS releasing a Heavy Cruiser from a dorsal bay and an early higgy HW 2 carrier concept shot.

There's also one of the two FB pics on another page, tadanni DD concept. Artillery frigate alongside, (spinal mount Kinetic Cannon design).race unstated but assume tadnanni.

Finally some Hypercore concept shots and the concept art of Karan from the end cinematic of HW2, and you can at last tell pretty easily that yes she has a suit on, the uncertainty of that always freaked me out. I mean come on it's Karan, it would be like looking at your own mother.

Ironwatsas
So is it anything different then we've already seen before?

Either way, I want to base new designs (where possible) on concept art as best we can.

One thing is I wanted to break the T-MAT up, with the HW1 P3 being their own race, and the T-MAT using the more mechanical, starfish shaped design. I have a working background for that I'll post shortly.

carl
There's some shared stuff but also several new ones. and some of the shared stuff appears to be touched up, (lineart to full colour which adds a lot more detail). Can't really give a 100% precise list off the quick glance at your link but roughly:

There's a nice to scale, (there's a vaygr frig in the background, put there for that purpose according to text line) artwork of a higgy cluster torp too.

There's some early concept art shots of the higgy gunship corvette, and what looks like the flak frigate, plus a design i can't identify.

Also a shot of a Vaygr military base with DD for scale. Also an unknown frigate in the foreground, armaments unclear.

Another page has a bunch of unidentified sketches of ships, i presume frig class, very bare bones.

Also remember that higgy BC being assembled in a HW2 cuscene, that in full colour alongside a shot of the Tadanni MS releasing a Heavy Cruiser from a dorsal bay and an early higgy HW 2 carrier concept shot.

There's also one of the two FB pics on another page, tadanni DD concept. Artillery frigate alongside, (spinal mount Kinetic Cannon design).race unstated but assume tadnanni.

Finally some Hypercore concept shots and the concept art of Karan from the end cinematic of HW2, and you can at last tell pretty easily that yes she has a suit on, the uncertainty of that always freaked me out. I mean come on it's Karan, it would be like looking at your own mother.

Jump to Forum