View Thread
 Print Thread
ReEmergence of mines
FinalSeraphim
As the new times have brought fourth larger battlespaces and ofcourse the massive new western frontier... Mines would seemingly have a bigger role in this. Alessian MineFrigates move in and out of the Strait of Sorrow, to continuously Make problems for passing Vaygr/Taiidan Colonial ships, a bid to stop expansion more or less. So would other races begin to employ this wonderful tool?

Eastern war was easy fought, mines weren't needed as the battle spaces were small and easily reinforced. Mines are cheap and in the west It may be weeks before your carrier group receives any kind of reinforcements..

Thoughts?
I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last... the beginning and your end.

Tristan
I wish mines were sensible. The fact that they disappear for no apparent reason after a period of time is nonsensical.

I might try to port the mine file over from classic and give it a near infinite life time.

FinalSeraphim
If that happened, Tristan, then you would be a pioneer for sure! and by that, I mean, you'll be saving many colonists lives.
I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last... the beginning and your end.

TelQuessir
Already did that in PDS V2 or so. Mines are a missile file, missiles have a lifetime. Set that lifetime to infinite and there ya go.

Jump to Forum