View Thread
Point Defense Systems » Support for our Releases » Miscellaneous Support
 Print Thread
Real trouble with frame rate..
Sun Tzu
512MB is a bit low, I think.

This being said, sensors manager view tends to kill fps when you have lots of computer controller ships on it. I guess this is due to the ATI-TO graphics being a pain for the video card.

scutnite
I'm getting a lot of lag on my system, but only when moving my camera, and it only seems to happen when I've moved it to certain places (but I can't really distinguish what's important about these places...)

My system has got to be up to the task: Core 2 Duo E6600, 2GB Ram, geforce 8800... so, any ideas?

AlciaIvran
Hmm No idea... It shouldn't lag really with that type of system. Especially since, with a bit of hacking windows, I've managed to get HW2 with PDS v11 running on full GFX settings on my crappy little PC w/o lag. (Geforce FX 5700VE, 256mb's of ram, P4, btw)

But IDK, It really shouldn't lag I would think......

(First post here BTW, so Hello!!)
Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

ZANGiEF
I have half-random fps decreasing too, but I can't figure out the exact reasons. Just simple example: PDS v7.3.2 - Scenarios - M05 HGN - Cavalry. At any time of the game - look up the scene, there's a probe upstairs, focus on it and try to spin the camera - fps falls almost to zero value, but at some sectors of view there's no lag.

My decent rig:
Athlon64 X2 3800+ EE @255x10 MHz
2x512 Mb OCZ DDR2-800 in dual channel @850MHz and 4-4-4-12-2 timings
GeForce 8800GTS 320Mb @default
WinXP Pro SP2
3DMark05 score - 13100 (my cpu weakens the videocard, I know)

Mostly harmless
Tell me does it only lag once or through out? Sometimes I get a little bit of lag when I focus and rotate with any of the iterations of hw2 but only once a level.

scutnite
Well, I fixed the problem pretty much - activating vsync has removed all the camera problems. Only weird thing is, graphics / ship movement is kind of jerky, especially far away (but it's still smooth up close) Weird, but not annoying enough for me to care.

PDS is awesome. Smile

Jump to Forum