View Thread
Point Defense Systems » General Discussions and Writings » Officers' Lounge
 Print Thread
Anime recommendations
Derek

Itharu wrote:

Derek wrote:
I just switched from limewire to shareaza........best anime decision ever :thumb:

That's a poor option. I use those as a Last resort only. I use Bittorrent for getting all my anime when I so desire it. Simply because you get a better overal picture of who's actually supplying it and when they are. Unlike in shareaza when you can only get it when someone is sharing and is online.
Not to mention you often get hits for other languaged subbing.

yeah, but I like using shareaza fro torrents. All you do is set it for bittorents Grin . Im glad it can do that though. The search option though seems......like crap.You can only get like at most 20 hits. But at least it can use bittorrent and download multiples ones fast Grin

Anyways, Has anyone ever watched an anime that made you say wtf? I mean something crazier then FLCL (aka. fooly cooly and furi kuri) It makes you wonder if what they smoke over there is stonger then the stuff over here lol.

also, can anyone find me a torrent for gundam 0080. I havent seen it in awhile and Im all for mech animes with love stories. (everyone I find is sead or too slow) an example 1278.88 days of downloading.

Derek
Sorry if double posting is bad but I found this, ITs prolly really old but check it out anyways

http://eva.trivialbeing.net/

I just hope it sticks to the same story line

Edit:

I just have to say that seeing weta workshop working on a live action evangelion movie brings a tear to my eye......

one sec

:bigeek:

second edit:

In other words, the people that worked on lord of the rings will work on it,

Also, they get a 100 million dollar budget.

3rd edit

as an examply, The matrix worked with 63 million and LOTR had a budget of 109 million.

Also, WETA has worked on LOTR, hellboy, king kong, I-robot, and many more.

As long as they stick to the story....Im gonna watch. Actually, Id'e watch even if they didnt because Im that kinda person that likes those kind of movies...... like doom....
Edited by Derek on 25-11-2005 23:10

Itharu

Derek wrote:
yeah, but I like using shareaza fro torrents. All you do is set it for bittorents Grin . Im glad it can do that though. The search option though seems......like crap.You can only get like at most 20 hits. But at least it can use bittorrent and download multiples ones fast Grin

Anyways, Has anyone ever watched an anime that made you say wtf? I mean something crazier then FLCL (aka. fooly cooly and furi kuri) It makes you wonder if what they smoke over there is stonger then the stuff over here lol.

also, can anyone find me a torrent for gundam 0080. I havent seen it in awhile and Im all for mech animes with love stories. (everyone I find is sead or too slow) an example 1278.88 days of downloading.

Cat Soup will boggle your nogging. Or there's always XenoSaga the animation. As for 0080, I again recomend Boxtorrents or check Torrent Spy. It is old, and licensed, so you might not be able to get it downloaded. Christmas is soon and I think there is a 0080 Boxset.
-Fear the Might of the Imperial Cortharian Fleet

Derek

Itharu wrote:

Derek wrote:

Cat Soup will boggle your nogging. Or there's always XenoSaga the animation. As for 0080, I again recomend Boxtorrents or check Torrent Spy. It is old, and licensed, so you might not be able to get it downloaded. Christmas is soon and I think there is a 0080 Boxset.

Licensing hasn't stopped me before :yes:

I found some...few seeders but I should get it in a decade or 2

Derek
Am I the only one syched about an eva live action movie?Sad

Itharu

Derek wrote:

It's nothing more than capitilizing on something people kinda showed an intrest in. Sure it has a good chance of being good, but that site seems really sketchie..... And I'm not talking about it's sketchie concept art either.
-Fear the Might of the Imperial Cortharian Fleet

Derek

Itharu wrote:

Derek wrote:

It's nothing more than capitilizing on something people kinda showed an intrest in. Sure it has a good chance of being good, but that site seems really sketchie..... And I'm not talking about it's sketchie concept art either.

True, But remember this has to be the biggest fan-based movie of all time, Im sure there getting about 100k emails a day telling them to not westernize it and to not use the crappy original serires ending. I'm even getting in on the action :yes: . But also remeber that the concept art is just that. I dont mind the plug suit designs but the character names pissed me off. I know though that the names will most likley be changed back.

Never underestimate the power of of millions of fans, the internet, and a 30 million page collection of "USE TEH 0r1ginal NAM35 LIEK OMGWTFBBQ!!11"

But seriously, This movie is breaking big grounds. I believe this is the first anime to live action movie. If its good, then we will see more anime movies (I just hope thyere good) but if it bombs, then we are never going to see live action adaptions for anime in like another decade. I pray to god that they get this right and follow the fans.

and last but not least......doesnt that peice of concept for unit 01 look like godzilla from "godzilla 2000"?

HaZZarD_07
For anyone who likes crazy or really absurd things, I highly recommend Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemy. (not to mention Fooly Cooly)

I'll agree that Appleseed was pretty good, I liked the mecha designs. I'm definately a fan of the Macross/Robotech series, as well as Gunbuster.
GitS Kicks some serious @$$ !
"I'm mad, You're mad, We're all mad here."
- the Cheshire Cat

SRI-Sajuuk
Well, really anything that blows up and has girls in it. Grin What id really want to see *Raises Sheild* A stargate anime. Im serious! you know some tweaks here and there...Another good thing is something set in the PDS universe. Well, something similar. You catch my drift.
Containment protocols enabled...

Tristan
Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Wolf's Rain, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Fooly Cooly, Macross Zero, Macross Plus, Serial Experiment LAIN, Gundam: Char's Counterattack, Record of the Lodoss War, Kite (if visible full penetration rape doesn't bother you.) and Gungrave are just about all you need. Roughly in that order.

Everything else is probably just merely "okay". There's a lot of shit, low-budget, bad-idea anime out there, like there is with everything. And more often than not you run into it. But there are some real gems, as well.

Komo val
Yep a PDS anime would rock Grin

Tristan's list consists of all good anime, although unfortunately I didn't see some of them. Gundam 0083 is probably my favorite series in the whole Gundam universe, a great anime.

TelQuessir
PDS anime in ultimate 21st Century marketable form would probably require the visuals of the latest Gundam CG shows (Evolve, and that Luftwaffe-theme one I forgot the name of) or if you prefer, either Yukikaze, or Macross Zero. Very, very expensive and time consuming.

A combination of CG and traditional anime would be faster to produce, I think - examples are Sol Bianca (looks like V11 sometimes due to prominence of a single ship) and Vandread.

But whatever, busy looking for Noir, I like the European theme.

Tristan

A combination of CG and traditional anime would be faster to produce, I think - examples are Sol Bianca (looks like V11 sometimes due to prominence of a single ship) and Vandread.

Sol Bianca was a pretty neat movie. I think they only skimmed the surface with what was possible however. Still, good stuff.

noodle
I find the lack of Seikai no Senki in this thread disturbing. Come on! I figured you guys of all people would love a show that's 60% space combat.

Also it has at least 3 insane fleet commanders, and who doesn't love those?

"I'm so bored..."
Haruhi is my God(dess).

biochrome
I loved Gundam 008th MS Team. It was the most "realistic" of the Gundams - working as a unit, using tactics, etc. The Gundams in that were powerful, but kind of like tanks are today - if you go hell's bells into the middle of a city, you're going to get blown up.

And as said above, Outlaw Star for the win.

noodle
Oh, also Hell Girl. Can't go wrong with Hell Girl. She sends people to hell doncha know?
Haruhi is my God(dess).

TelQuessir
Lol noodle. your posts crack me up.

Jump to Forum