View Thread
Point Defense Systems » General Discussions and Writings » Officers' Lounge
 Print Thread
Anime recommendations
revan
hehe........(prays softly)Lord forgive give him for his blasphemy.

Gundam Wing was a fairly enjoyable series as was Ghost in the Shell SAC.
It goes without saying that Akira is up there on the must watch list.

Derek
Gunslinger girl was aweseome

I recomend it if you like watching little girls running around blowing terrorists brains out with P-90's and Styer AUG's

:lunagun:

Kanashiili
Monster is a very good serious anime. Yugo the Negiotiator is a good political anime. Honey and Clover is a good drama.

MarieHawke
LOL - you're using my sister's emoticon XD

And - Big O is great mech combat anime with great storyline as well. Definite reccomendation.

And as for cutecute - Galaxy Angel ^_^
A starlight sharpshot magical girl!

CIWS
And if you want some massively overpowered Mecha combat I would highly reccomend Gunbuster (provided you can find it). God I love that anime.. time dilation effects, thousands strong fleets, billions of enemies.. and of course the extra-yummy Buster Machines.
If the fireball can't be seen from orbit you obviously aren't trying hard enough.

There is no 'overkill' only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'. -Schlock Mercenary

Derek
I almost forgot this one...

Blue gender
a sprinkle of Mechs,
1 cup of love story,
a pinch of giant bugs,
and a 3 1/2 cups of awesome

that equals potato salad but close enough to blue gender Pfft

JanthraX
Gundam UC, 08th MS Team is very good as it acually has some tactics to the use of MS's (instead of running around with incivible Gundam Rx), also Full Metal Panic very nice , i suggest using kick ass anime to 'acquire' anime as they provide dvd quality subtitled releases

Derek
Can annyone find me a torrent for nadesico?
A reliable one too, not one you need to wait 3 months for >.<

"Hypothetically"
Edited by Derek on 21-11-2005 22:50

Itharu
Yeah........ Nadesico torrents are practically dead. Basically, if you can find it on TorrentSpy, there's not that many other places which will have it.

CIWS, you should specify which Gunbuster, the first was terrible, and the second one is shaping up to be good.

Speaking of which, there's an OVA called Voices from a Distant Star. It's very much like gunbuster (very close as in, mechs, space aliens, wedge battle ships with unexplainable bending lasers, and FTL warp.) 30 Mins, but good stuff.

Beyond the Clouds is really nice. It has a good flow to it.

Blue Submarine is a nice classic.

Make a note to see Castle in the Sky, Samurai 7 and lastly I also suggest Wolf's Rain.
-Fear the Might of the Imperial Cortharian Fleet

Derek

Itharu wrote:
Yeah........ Nadesico torrents are practically dead. Basically, if you can find it on TorrentSpy, there's not that many other places which will have it.

CIWS, you should specify which Gunbuster, the first was terrible, and the second one is shaping up to be good.

Speaking of which, there's an OVA called Voices from a Distant Star. It's very much like gunbuster (very close as in, mechs, space aliens, wedge battle ships with unexplainable bending lasers, and FTL warp.) 30 Mins, but good stuff.

Beyond the Clouds is really nice. It has a good flow to it.

Blue Submarine is a nice classic.

Make a note to see Castle in the Sky, Samurai 7 and lastly I also suggest Wolf's Rain.

I figured there are no links :cry:
At least I found this anime sight Wink

http://www.anime-planet.com/animerec/

edit:

Fixed my torrent and configured it
going from 1-12 kb/s to 220 was an improvement imo
Edited by Derek on 22-11-2005 01:44

Berrik
Trinity Blood and Gun x Sword are both pretty good. Trinity Blood is basically Hellsing crossed with Trigun, Gun x Sword is mecha in the wild west.

If you want super robot shows, go for King of Braves GaoGaiGar and Aquarion. I strongly recommend GaoGaiGar as it's great.

Derek
I just switched from limewire to shareaza........best anime decision ever :thumb:

Itharu

Derek wrote:
I just switched from limewire to shareaza........best anime decision ever :thumb:

That's a poor option. I use those as a Last resort only. I use Bittorrent for getting all my anime when I so desire it. Simply because you get a better overal picture of who's actually supplying it and when they are. Unlike in shareaza when you can only get it when someone is sharing and is online.
Not to mention you often get hits for other languaged subbing.
-Fear the Might of the Imperial Cortharian Fleet

Derek

Itharu wrote:

Derek wrote:

That's a poor option. I use those as a Last resort only. I use Bittorrent for getting all my anime when I so desire it. Simply because you get a better overal picture of who's actually supplying it and when they are. Unlike in shareaza when you can only get it when someone is sharing and is online.
Not to mention you often get hits for other languaged subbing.

Thanks for the link

btw, does anyone know what happened to the third installment of vandread? I heard it was cancelled and i've been waiting awhile on it. If it was cancelled then im ticked Banghead
Edited by Derek on 22-11-2005 06:37

TelQuessir
The ironic thing is that I was introduced to the SEED timeline (CE) and I'd really like to get ahold of some of the old original Gundam UC animes.

The more I browse Gundamverse sites the more I like the old mecha designs. Even the old Zaku II looks more practical and efficient than the new Zaku Warriors in SEED Destiny. I do have problems with mecha with air intakes stuck everywhere on their hulls - regardless of whether it has Phase Shift armour it just needs one low-tech autocannon shell in that vent and *critical hit*.

MarieHawke
Heheheheehe XD Yeah, old-school UC is best. Though it's kinda hard to find some of the subs - you might have to shop around where you are. Or rent it from the local store.

As for other anime - YES, Trinity Blood is awesome, as well as Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE or some other funky capitalization.

MarieHawke
*kick* Also, the little Ichigeki Sachuu! HoiHoi-San! special is a GREAT find. I'm seeding it right now because it kicks that much ass. XD

In the year 20XX, bugs have become immune to pesticides. Two companies have released the HoiHoi-san and Combat-san dolls. They must kill the bugs while also trying to kill each other... XD

Derek
Sadly Daniel, thats one of the most normal story lines compared to others......lol j/k

Seriously, though, watch blue gender, its another mech,insect genre. Although The love story inside this series is very good too.

I give it a 11/10 (cliche' but so what)

CIWS

Itharu wrote:

Both.. and personally I found the first one to be anything but terrible. The second is thus far I feel rather inferior to the first, though the first one really picked up in its second half so I'm waiting to see the whole thing before I decide which I prefer.
If the fireball can't be seen from orbit you obviously aren't trying hard enough.

There is no 'overkill' only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'. -Schlock Mercenary

CIWS

TelQuessir wrote:
The ironic thing is that I was introduced to the SEED timeline (CE) and I'd really like to get ahold of some of the old original Gundam UC animes.

I'm not sure what the situation is like where you live but we just got a recent rerelease of several of those (08th MS Team, 0083, and 0080) in DVD boxes.

Jump to Forum