View Thread
Point Defense Systems » Support for our Releases » Gameplay Support
 Print Thread
Extreme Ingame lag on High performance system?
noodle
Bleh, another Vista hater. Though I do find it amusing that a Mac user complains about an OS treating it's users like idiots...

Anyway...I don't get why people complain about Vista, I have had literally no problems with it. Unless you want to run DOS programs, in which case you need to use DOSBox, which you had to do with XP too, so no change there.
Haruhi is my God(dess).

Homdax
Spare the Vista vs Whatever for another thread.
king-o'da'bigfile

Homdax
Ok, three OS only related posts deleted. Keep to the game.

Take the OS issues over here :whip:
Edited by Homdax on 10-02-2008 08:32
king-o'da'bigfile

LordZsar1
... forty-two processes!? Fifteen on my side. ^^

Although, that cannot be the problem. I very much point to either an hardware or a driver issue. Especially when looking at these strange graphics.

@Vanguard:
I may have read over this but did you try to...
- set the system's resolution to the ingame resolution
- minimize the settings
(this will surely not solve the problem but may make the game playable... I doubt it though, it's more an "I have no idea what else to do" advice)

Vanguard
Yeah i have tried those I'm afraid. See the thing is, it's actually incredibly fluid framerate-wise, but this lag seems to be caused by something else. I'm not sure what though. Thankyou anyway for the suggestion dude!
Rawr.

noodle
Reinstall your graphics drivers. All of them, and use DriverCleaner to purge all remnants of the old ones from your system.

If that doesn't work, I think you're just SOL.
Haruhi is my God(dess).

Vanguard
Hmm, is there any known incompatibility with the 8800/GT or its drivers? Because I've just discovered that i actually get this lag problem with vanilla HW2 also. I suppose apologies are in order for wasting everyone's time. Sorry dudes.

Also i had already purged my drivers. And i don't believe in being Shit out of luck.
Rawr.

noodle
heh. 8800 has always had driver problems tbh.
Haruhi is my God(dess).

Vanguard
Nevermind i solved it, it was as simple as setting an option in the NV control panel from Multi-screen compatibility mode to single screen.
Rawr.

noodle
you left it at multi-screen? for shame.
Haruhi is my God(dess).

Vanguard
I have a dual configuration, i would naturally assume to have it set to multi-screen.
Rawr.

noodle
SLI or dual monitors? Cause SLI doesn't support multiple monitors, so having it set to multi-display is pointless. It's still all going to a single screen, no matter how many video cards you have.
Haruhi is my God(dess).

Vanguard
I have one card and two monitors. You assume too much.
Rawr.

noodle
Not assuming anything. Also, :whip:. Damn you for having dual monitors while I have naught but an aging CRT. Shit is heavy to...
Haruhi is my God(dess).

Homdax
LOL...You have spent money on an SLI config when you should have spent it on a decent monitor. Whats makes your eyes bleed? A poor monitor or a non-sli config?

Talk about getting the priorities wrong. Nana
king-o'da'bigfile

noodle
Because I care about having a half-way decent frame-rate first, looks second.
Haruhi is my God(dess).

Vanguard
Yeah, you kind of have to look at it from both angles Homdax, There's no point in having a fantastic, expensive monitor if you can't play any games at decent speeds, or can at very low graphics. It's a two-edged sword. I personally would rather have an old monitor and decent graphics processing. Almost all CRT monitors, even old ones, still render things perfectly fine. I have the original Packard Bell CRT which i got with my computer back in 1999, and it still displays everything fine, albeit everso slightly yellower (on white) than my main monitor. But that's fine as i only use it for secondary tasks.

I don't think it's fair to tell people what they should have spent their money on. People have different priorities, it's called free will and freedom of choice.
Rawr.

noodle
Truth. See, what's the point of a monitor that can display Half-Life 2 in glorious hi-res wide screen when you can barely run it at some absurdly low resolution anyway?
Haruhi is my God(dess).

Homdax
Actually, you are right, but I have OSHA training/responsibilities and do have to consider those things. Both of them.
king-o'da'bigfile

noodle
You just have money to do both, that's why. I might buy a new monitor next month though...or I might just buy more animu. Time will tell...
Haruhi is my God(dess).

Jump to Forum