View Thread
 Print Thread
Newcomer
biochrome
OOC: I'm (obviously) new here, and probably violated fifty million rules and regulations and canon and whatnot - but I've been reading over everything and playing the mod for a while, and I wanna jump in with y'all. This is my attempt at introducing my character (Fenris). I'm about to go on leave (gotta love the Navy), so I didn't get a chance to write up a bio yet - I assure you it will come soon.

I'm very open to suggestion, explanations, slaps on the wrist, etc.

ATTN: Fleet Commanders
DATE: 9/30/2060
SUBJECT: FWD: Promotion of JFT-N Fenris W. Cayro (1/2)
ATTACHED: Certificate of appointment

Thought you might have a look at the file of this newly appointed Jefet'ne. I've seen him in action, and his record is thick - in the good way. He commanded a corvette squadron attached to Nabaal. He doesn't belong doing circles around a shipyard for the rest of his career.

Someone give him a ship.

V/R, FC Tali Hatham

>[Image: Hiigaran Navy Seal]
>
>CERTIFICATE OF APPOINTMENT
>
>To all who shall see these presents, greeting:
>
>Know Ye, that by authority vested in me and reposing special trust and confidence in the patriotism, valor, fidelity, and abilities of
>
>Cayro, Fenris W.
>
>I do hearby appoint you to the rank of
>
>Jefet?ne [CDR]
>
>in the Hiigaran Navy
>
>to rank as such from the twenty-first day of November, twenty hundred and sixty.
>
>TO THE APPOINTEE
>
>Your appointment carries with it the obligation that you exercise increased authority and willingly accept greater responsibility. Occupying now a position of greater authority, you must strive with a renewed dedication toward the valued ideal of service with honor.
>
>You are charged with demonstrating a proper example of performance, moral courage, and dedication to the Hiigaran Navy and the Nation. Your every action must be governed by a strong sense of personal moral responsibility in order that, by example and leadership, subordinates will contribute their utmost to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Hiigaran Navy.
>
>Given under my hand at Shipyard Jatam this twenty-first day of September, twenty hundred and sixty.
>
>
>[Signed] CPT Taliam Nasser, 3rd Logistics Unit, 13th Fleet

[SERVICE RECORD TO FOLLOW]

//END MESSAGE

acelynham
ooc: if you're joining the RP with me and watsas and everyone, you first need to check your dates, then enter into the theatre with an in-character transmission. I started in the RP with one frigate, two fighter wings, an auxiliary arcadia carrier and a BC of PoH equiv, not Maj. I'd say that's where you should come in. go into 'early assault' select 'detachment' and see what you can buy. more or less, that's your starting fleet. go wild Pfft

biochrome
So question:

Where would you need me, who (if anyone) would be 'in command' of me, and the big one - is this all just written out/thought up, or are these battles actually played out in the mod?

And any suggestions, before I go rocketing into the RP?

Tristan
ooc: Welcome. I'm about to join the USAF, going to get my physical and test this Thursday or so. Are you American as well? Seems like PDS is attractive to many a military careerist.

biochrome
ooc: yes, I am American born and raised. I've been in the Navy for a year and a half now. Good luck with the whole chairforce thing Wink

acelynham
look in the thread, anyone above your rank orders you around, since youre a captain, and you do fight the battles within the mod and post the results, yes.

biochrome
Rgr that - what version of the mod y'all using for the battles - 7.3 or 11?

I'm assuming v11 Pfft
Edited by biochrome on 25-11-2007 02:13

Tristan
Pretty sure that it's 7.3 unless Taii are concerned of course. As there's no 7.3 equivalent for them.

acelynham
ummm its 7.3, but we are slowly making the change to v11. its kind of dead at the moment though, it goes through phases of activity and since the battle barge just bit the dust thats one particular chapter of the story over for now. watch this space etc.

biochrome
I'm thinking about starting a new RP, since the one with y'all slowed down a bit, and I'd like to do something with a bit more... roleplay in it, I guess? Descriptions of the battles, etc. Would be the same sort of thing though, with the RPers working together on the forum and in-mod multiplay on the net.

Perhaps if enough people were interested, we could have people on both sides.

Just an idea.

TelQuessir
I'm interested. Add me to msn if you will and we can get to work.

The reason why I didn't participate in that one is because there is too much strategic posing and no intricate details. Or player vs player conflict. Without that, IMO, a plot is worthless.

acelynham
i think me watsas and the guys have given up, pds is dead

TelQuessir
Good, that is exactly what I want you to think. Go on, you don't have to be here... Smile

FinalSeraphim
You know why that rp failed? Let me lay it out for you.

1. I was the only one who posted A loss..

2. You all never lost, it was always like yall were pwning noo0bz..

3. Asshattery is always an early warning of a death.

Sure you may not understand, but seriously, rping is not about winning or losing, it's about the story. I will admit, I had my hopes that the rp wouldn't turn out like it did. I posted in a critical spot to try and save it and make yall rp different, but ofcourse, It was ignored! so death to ye!

Biochrome, Look at the battle me and tel posted, It was like an AAR but with more roleplay introduced.. It had a limited story line and limited character development but much better battle sequences than "My ship flew around, and fired its guns at the enemy, it then exploded." If we had a mix of say, the type me and tel did and something similar to my land based rp's.. I think it'd not only be fun to do, but fun to read.

It's like the original idea me and tel had, Two Captains on Two alessian Hunter ships. They were paired together for missions, but you had the personal side to it. Rather than you having fleets upon fleets at your command. If interested, perhaps we could add a third ship? Or ofcourse, and I mean this quite literally.. The migration west RP that I started would be real easy to fire up. My guys are almost to the star port, lets say they join a convoy not only with tels ship, but others as well.. Give you the wagon train outlook on things.. Kindof taking the other side in the alessian thing lol.

Perhaps something to think about.

(if yall do wanna go for it, I'd be more than happy to join in.)
I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last... the beginning and your end.

TelQuessir
Heh heh, I am in the RP mood this week, I'll be writing quite a bit this week (got to keep the pace up after being promoted to senior member/moderator in GE community) and some of it I don't mind giving to PDS in return for the strong support Final is giving to our community's morality.

Makaze
The other reason it failed was because it was not a true RP at all - it was only ever intended to be those AARs based on games people played in PDS...since nobody likes to lose, and even the highest level of AI is simply no match for a human player with any experience, they all became the same 'We flew in, decimated, and flew on to decimate something else'.

I like RPing a lot. My involvement in this site is sporadic because I don't have reliable internet access - I'm on when I can be.

If you start a RP, Final, I'll be happy to join in. It's a great idea.

EDIT: Biochrome's poor intro post is getting destroyed - respectfully suggest moving on to a new thread...
Edited by Makaze on 05-12-2007 15:58
"...We sank a truck!" - Commander Sherman, Operation Petticoat

FinalSeraphim
My appologies to the biochrome Intro thread, my intent was not to rape it horribly, Hopefully though, through RP and such, you can become known here for how you do, not what you say for yourself. (Not an insult in any way shape or form, I started out the same way.)

We need to really change how we work this mod. In regards to tel, ofcourse. The mod is a powderkeg of magical ship killing fun but honestly is a keg that has never been tapped. It's hard to describe how to best go about rping on the mod but let me give you a good starting point.

Join in my Migration west RP, i'll make a new post in there tonight, but honestly, Pick a side, pick a start and lets get it started. I believe not starting out with 10,000 ships at your command is quite a thrilling challenge, seeing as I do not intend to have a ship bigger than a frigate to start. You get the more personal feel for the ships.

PDS was designed to be two things, and this is my belief, Tel please interject and tell me the truth if this is false.

1. A massive Space combat simulator to represent the massive war between all sides, To turn Homeworld from the whole "magic Fairy mountain" to a more comparible thing, like say wing commander. And what I mean is, no religion, just War and politics.

2. To add more personality to the individual ship, to make it noted that any ship can do harm, rather than the proxy rock paper scissors set fourth as early as the original Dune:Building of a Dynasty in the early 90's. Tactics took over as the main stay, Originality and bold new Ideas had to become the standard.

Embrace the Mod as a full spectrum entity rather than just a mass n kill with ships with bigger guns. You'll find it not only more appealing, but perhaps more challenging.

Thank you all for your time, I look forward to hopefully some enticing role plays with anyone who desires to join in. Once again, i'll post something tonight if I get a chance, Full time work and full time family are always a priority!

I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last... the beginning and your end.

Makaze
You mean post the new thread, correct? If it is posted already, where is it? I had no luck locating it in the five minutes I devoted to trolling for it.

If it isn't posted, I will look forward to the new thread.

TelQuessir
http://www.pds.homeworldaccess.net/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=4&thread_id=1133&pid=14646#post_14646

Battle of C-9, prototype RP between Final and myself.

Makaze
Many thanks.

EDIT: It looked like he was going to make a new thread, since that battle you linked me to is already over. I'll wait and see until Final makes his post.
Edited by Makaze on 06-12-2007 19:27

Jump to Forum